Jan 21, 2011
[Update 2/10: Today, First Orion, makers of PrivacyStar, the call blocking, caller ID and reporting app is announcing a milestone: PrivacyStar subscribers have filed over 100,000 complaints with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Congrats!]
[Update: Free 6-month subscription Contest is closed]
First Orion, makers of PrivacyStar with caller ID, are happy to announce their latest promotion for new subscribers. All you have to do is download PrivacyStar, rate it, and leave a review in the Android Market to be entered to win a Sony Cyber-shot 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (model: W370 Chrome) along with a free 30-day subscription just for entering. All reviews must be submitted and a copy emailed to [email protected] by January 30th.
To further this promotion, Android Rundown will be giving away three 6 month subscriptions to PrivacyStar courtesy of First Orion. All you have to do is leave a comment about what PrivacyStar feature appeals to you most, or if you use twitter, simply tweet this message here:
Trying to win a 6 month subscription to PrivacyStar from @androidrundown http://bit.ly/hynTtr #android #contest
That’s it! I bet now you’re wondering what PrivacyStar is?
PrivacyStar is a subscription based service which provides users with extensive call blocking features. With PrivacyStar for Android users will benefit from:
- Call Blocking â€“ Block individual numbers, entire area codes, all private or unknown numbers and wildcard characters.
- SMS Text Message Blocking â€“ Block SMS text messages.
- Caller ID â€“ While the phone is ringing, PrivacyStar displays the name of the calling party.
- Caller Lookup â€“ Identify unknown callers by name and take appropriate action, such as adding to the contacts list or Privacy List.
- SmartBlock â€“ Employs crowdsourced data from PrivacyStar users to automatically block the most blocked numbers as determined by the entire user population.
- Do Not Disturb â€“ Forwards all non blocked incoming calls to voicemail and sends a custom text message acknowledging the call.
- Report Potential Telemarketing and Debt Collection Violations â€“ Upon the userâ€™s request, PrivacyStar captures detailed information about possible violations including date, time, number and identity. PrivacyStar allows users to easily provide this information to law enforcement authorities so they may take action.
- Web Portal â€“ Fully integrated personal web portal to manage the PrivacyStar account, block and unblock callers, and perform number look-ups. The portal also provides additional details on violations.
- Future Proof â€“ Easily transfer PrivacyStar user information from one device to another such as to a new smartphone.
Pricing and Availability
PrivacyStar is available for a no risk free 7-day trial period. For continued service, PrivacyStar is available for $2.99 (USD) per month or for discounted semi-annual and annual periods. PrivacyStar is available for download at the Android Market or privacystar.com. And, very soon, Android AT&T and T-Mobile customers will be able to subscribe to PrivacyStar by selecting the service on their monthly statement.
To receive a free 30-day subscription and be entered to win a Sony Cyber-shot 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera (model: W370 Chrome) you must:
- Download PrivacyStar for Android
- Rate and review on Android Market
- Email review to [email protected] before January 31st.
- Drawing for the Sony Cyber-shot will be held on January 31st.
To win 1 of 3 free 6-month subscriptions to PrivacyStar via Android Rundown you must:
- Leave a comment stating what PrivacyStar feature appeals to you most.
- Tweet the message – Trying to win a 6 month subscription to PrivacyStar from @androidrundown http://bit.ly/hynTtr #android #contest
Contest for the free 6-month subscriptions will be open until
Wed, January 26th Thursday January 27th, 12 midnight EST.
Download: PrivacyStar for Android