Feb 16, 2011
If you happened to catch Google’s Honeycomb event, you may recall the announcement of soon to come Disney apps for Android which included: Radio Disney, Jelly Car, and Tap Tap Revenge. If you were wondering which one would make it to the Market first, wonder no more.
Radio Disney popped, locked and jammed its way into the Android Market, making it the very first (non carrier exclusive) Disney branded app to hit Android. Radio Disney is one of Disney’s most downloaded apps to date with over 1.4 million downloads.
I have two young children who are going to love Daddy’s phone even more now that this app is available. The Radio Disney app allows for 24 hour live streaming of Radio Disney. That’s right — all the Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Mitchel Musso a kid could dream of! Along with the live 24 hour streaming, listeners will enjoy other great Radio Disney features such as:
- Multitasking Functionality â€“ Users can listen to the Radio Disney stream while using the device for other functions such as texting, browsing the internet, emailing, viewing contacts and more.
- Song Requests â€“ Users can interact with Radio Disney by requesting a song.
- Favorites â€“ Users can customize the experience by tagging songs and adding them to a list of favorites.
- Shout Outs – Listeners can interact with Radio Disney by sending messages that are scrolled on screen and may be read on-air.
- Stations & Events â€“ Instant access to geo-targeted information on the closest Radio Disney station and upcoming events.
Disney’s presence is just another sign of Android’s overwhelming growth in the mobile market. Since I am a proud father, I welcome Disney with ‘open’ arms and look forward to trying to pry my phone away from the tiny hands of my two maniac Mouseketeers.
Download: Radio Disney
Direct Android Market Web Link: Radio Disney