Sep 28, 2016
Google Play hosted the first Indies Games Festival, and there were a few awards to give out.
First, the winners:
1) bit bit blocks (Presented by Greg Batha):
Bit Bit Blocks is a cute and action-packed competitive puzzle game. Play with your friends on a single screen, or challenge yourself in single player mode. Head-to-head puzzle play anytime, anywhere.
2) Numbo Jumbo (Presented by Kaveh Daryabeygi, Wombo Combo):
Numbo Jumbo is a casual mobile puzzle number game for iOS and Android. Players group numbers that add together: for example, [3, 5, 8] works because 3+5=8.
3) Orbit – Playing with Gravity (Presented by Chetan Surpur & Eric Rahman, Highkey Games):
ORBIT puts a gravity simulator at the heart of a puzzle game. Launch planets with a flick of your finger, and try to get them into orbit around black holes. ORBIT also features a sandbox where you can create your own universes, control time, and paint with gravity.
And the finalist nominees:
1) Antihero [coming later in 2016] (Presented by Tim Conkling).
2) Armajet [coming later in 2016] (Presented by Nicola Geretti & Alexander Krivicich, Super Bit Machine).
3) Norman’s Night In: The Cave [coming later in 2016] (Presented by Nick Iorfino & Alex Reed, Bactrian Games).
4) Parallyzed (Presented by David Fox, Double Coconut).
[via Android Developers Blog]