Android Rundown is partnering with NetEase Games to bring a fun contest to our readers. As we get closer to the launch of upcoming game Speedy Ninja, NetEase is not only offering up free spots in the closed beta; it also giving folks who sign up an opportunity to win one of 5 (five) $25 gift cards!
Access the power of CNBC on your smartphone.
Get fast, accurate and actionable business news, financial information, and market data from the network that is First in Business Worldwide.
Stream CNBC shows like Squawk Box live, or access full episodes of CNBC Prime’s American Greed or The Profit with video on demand (U.S. Only). CNBC’s app delivers real-time stock market quotes throughout the day, direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ. View pre-market and after-hours trading data and customize your own watchlists in My Stocks.
Download the CNBC app on your smartphone for free now.
CNBC App Features:
Watch CNBC Live
– Real-time business news with CNBC TV live streaming
– Full episodes of CNBC shows, like Mad Money and American Greed, with Video on Demand
– Access by logging in with your cable or satellite subscription
Homepage & Navigation
– Access International and U.S. editions
– Customize topic news sections using the “Favorites” feature
– View latest slideshows and special reports
Stock Quotes and Charts
– Real-time stock market data direct from the NYSE and Nasdaq, London and Frankfurt Stock Exchanges
– Extended hours and pre-markets coverage for U.S. stock markets
– Interactive and historical charts with custom timeframes (1 to 5 years)
– Global market data from Toronto Stock Exchange, XETRA (Germany); Euronext Paris (France); Euronext Amsterdam (Netherlands); Euronext Lisbon (Portugal); Euronext Brussels (Belgium); Singapore Exchange; Hong Kong Stock Exchange; Sao Paulo Stock Exchange (Brazil); Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (Israel); and Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange (Malaysia)
– Currencies, commodities and bonds data with historical treasury yield curves
– Create and track your favorite company stocks in real-time, with access to charts and business news headlines
– Sort watchlists by symbol, name, percent change, net change, and price
– Access top stocks of the day being followed and discussed on CNBC
Breaking News Alerts
– Critical breaking news alerts pushed directly to your phone
– Includes 24-hour global coverage for stock market news, top business stories, analysis and expert opinions on the economy, personal finance, world markets, investment, technology, politics, energy, health care, and more.
Exclusive Video Content
– Over 150 new video clips uploaded each day
– Global coverage from CNBC’s TV networks in the U.S., Europe, and Asia
– Access over 850 interviews conducted with business professionals and finance industry experts
Amazon is expanding its cloud storage options for folks looking for unlimited options; it just announced two tiers and matching pricing plans.
The first option will be of interest to folks looking to offload a ton of images. The Unlimited Photos Plan will charge $11.99, and gives folks the option of uploading current collections and all future images, freeing up valuable device space. As an added bonus, subscribers to this plan get 5 GB of storage for other things like documents.
The second option rings up at $59.99, and allows a myriad of unlimited data beyond just photos to be stored. In other words, movies, files, music and more can all be packed in without worrying about limits.
Each option offers a free 3-month trial.
Amazon’s Cloud Storage Director Josh Petersen talks up the secure affordability. “Most people have a lifetime of birthdays, vacations, holidays, and everyday moments stored across numerous devices. And, they don’t know how many gigabytes of storage they need to back all of them up,” he says. “With the two new plans we are introducing today, customers don’t need to worry about storage space—they now have an affordable, secure solution to store unlimited amounts of photos, videos, movies, music, and files in one convenient place.”
According to the press release, Amazon Prime members and folks who own Amazon Fire device can choose to subscribe to the Unlimited Everything Plan for the extra document storage. Existing Cloud Drive customers can upgrade b signing into their accounts.
Well-regarded developer Ravensburger Digital just brought the ever-popular board game Scotland Yard to Android players in digital form.
Scotland Yard is the digital version of the award-winning board game (“Game of the Year” 1983, etc.). Since its creation 30 years ago, Scotland Yard has sold over four million copies. Now the game enjoyed by millions of people is available as Android app!
This is a very tricky case for Scotland Yard: Mister X has disappeared in the heart of London’s nightlife. The only clue for the investigation: his discarded tickets. But in which part of London did he use them? There – suddenly he’s been seen for a brief moment. Now, keep a cool head. Search the district tactically and reconstruct the escape route.
Set off as one of five clever agents on the hunt for the legendary Mister X, or step into his shoes, diving into the heart of London’s nightlife to escape the agents.
✔ Completely new setting in London by night
✔ Razor-sharp HD graphics
✔Single player mode: Local game for one to six players including computer players
✔ Multiplayer mode: Local, Wi-Fi/Bluetooth and online
✔ Interactive, user-friendly Tutorial
✔ Easy to understand instructions for both beginners and experts
✔ No need to assemble or put away!
✔ Endless fun with family and friends!
Kate Walker is back in Syberia 2, and Android users can enjoy the sequel to the popular cross-platform adventure title Syberia.
Following Syberia’s resounding success with players throughout the world, Benoît Sokal invites you to dive back into the crazy Kate Walker saga…
Having searched Europe from east to west for the presumed late Hans Voralberg, Kate Walker finally tracks him down and gets him to sign the automaton factory buyout papers.
Mission accomplished? Not for this young New York lawyer…
Forming an unlikely duo, Kate Walker and the old, eccentric Hans Voralberg are now setting off on a journey in search of a long-forgotten world, home to the last of the fabled Syberian mammoths. Together, they take up the impossible quest that Hans first embarked upon years ago, making their way through the hostile environments with courage and determination.
Against all odds, a mystical Syberia awaits their arrival…
– The final chapter of the captivating and original story created by Benoît Sokal.
– An epic adventure on the edge of the world of dreams and imagination.
– Stunning imagery, intense action and tangible emotion at every twist and turn of the game.
– Even more unusual and intriguing characters.
– More-frequent movie sequences integrated into the storyline.
Additionally, to mark the new release, Anuman is offering the original Syberia on sale for $1.99 (down from regular price $4.99) until March 29th, 2015.
Syberia 2 is available for $4.99 on the Play Store.
NUU Mobile, the relatively new Asian device maker that is currently expanding to North and South America, is primed to come out with a powerful new flagship smartphone that looks to match performance with consumer-friendly price.
The upcoming device will be known as the Z8, and will sport some interesting specs:
The Z8 features a 5.5 inch full HD display for crystal clear media viewing and sharp color contrast. The 8 MP front camera with wide angle lens and 13 MP Sony® rear camera with BSI sensor take the perfect photo in any kind of lighting. The Z8 gives you more freedom and flexibility with Dual LTE SIMs, expandable memory and a removable battery.
– 5.5” FHD HD Touchscreen 1920 X 1080p (400 PPI)
– 8 MP front camera with wide-angle lens
– 13 MP rear Sony® camera with BSI sensor
– Enabled for 4G LTE: Bands 2,4,17 (T-Mobile® and AT&T® networks)
– 150 Mbps HSPA+ connectivity
– Android™ 5.0 Lollipop operating system
– 1.7 GHz A53 Octa-Core processor
– 32 GB Internal ROM Storage, expandable with microSD™
– 2 GB RAM
– 2650 mAh battery
– Dual LTE SIM card support
– Noise cancelling audio
– Bluetooth 4.0
– LED notifications
NUU is clear in its drive for affordability to be one of the core elements of this unlocked device; it will retail for $299, and will be available for use on T-Mobile and AT&T. Tentatively, it has a mid-May release date.
To find out more, one can sign up for pre-order notification at http://nuumobile.com.
One of the highlights of my day is finding that I have an update to an app. There’s just something awesome about getting a refresh, be it for a visual change or the addition of new features. Yes!
Tonight, though, I hit an Error 34 while trying to download an update to YouTube; I wasn’t able to update that or other apps. A quick check online hints that the “Error 944″ issue might be more widespread.
We don’t know know much about it, but check back for an update as we find out.
•Disabling priority field now hides colored priority indicator in the task list
•Adding or removing fields in settings now updates the drawer bar
•Location based notifications now take filters into account
•Allows app to now be installed on devices without location/GPS support
•Detects when offline and doesn’t sync
•Quick dates for editing due and start dates are now consistent
•Fixes some issues with app while offline
•Date picker offers calendar view again
You’ve Been Sentenced! is a popular game that has a new Android iteration styled You’ve Been Sentenced. Even cooler is the fact that it is an app with a cause.
This sentence-building game uses unique five-sided cards with multiple conjugations of a base word. With a hand of 10 cards, players try to score the most points per round by constructing the longest, grammatically correct, and sensible sentence. Any player can object to another players sentence, on either grammatical grounds, or the fact that the sentence just doesn’t make sense. The defending player and the objecting player get to argue their points to the rest of the players, who form a jury. Half the fun is trying to defend, explain, and justify a completely ridiculous sentence to the other players. First player to reach 200 points wins.
Every time you play the You’ve been Sentenced! word game, you are helping to provide free books to children, adults and seniors nationwide!
Since 2005, McNeill Designs has donated a portion of the sales of the award-winning You’ve Been Sentenced! word game to Success Won’t Wait, in order to help provide much-needed free books to organizations, schools and programs nationwide.
Now, a portion of the proceeds from the You’ve been Sentenced! mobile app will also fund this 501c3 non-profit literacy organization. So, play on!
You’ve been Sentenced is available for free (with in-app purchasing) on the Play Store.