Aug 26, 2014
Animoca has just realest its newest Android game, Armies of Dragon.
The game is a mix of adventure, fortress defense and strategy. The Google Play app page tells us some of the features:
– A unique strategy game that borrows time-management mechanics
– Hire a rag-tag troupe of adventurers to defend your kingdom
– Earn crystals from battles to unlock treasures and powerful heroes!
– Acquire useful items, artifacts, and trinkets to help you win!
– Upgrade your fortress, and unlock different types, such as treants, golems, and dragons!
– Survive 12 brutal stages, each having 8 levels.
– Connect through Facebook and team up with friends by sharing energy and mercenaries.
More information from the press release:
Animoca Brands, the developer and publisher of mobile games based on globally loved brands such as Garfield, Ben10, Doraemon, Ultraman, Astro Boy and more, today announced the launch of Armies of Dragons on the Apple App Store and Google Play. A medieval-themed tower defense game, Armies of Dragons sets a new standard for the genre by combining time-management mechanics and strategic battle gameplay with visually stunning 3D graphics. Armies of Dragons is now available to play for free on all iOS and Android devices.
â€œArmies of Dragons is unlike anything else available,â€ said Robby Yung, CEO of Animoca Brands. â€œWeâ€™ve combined the best elements of tower defense games with heart-pumping time management mechanics to create a new and enthralling gaming experience.”
Armies of Dragons is a medieval thriller that takes place in a world rife with magic and danger, where evil dragons once ruled as invincible tyrants for centuries before they were overthrown by a mighty alliance of humans. Dark magic has reawakened the dragons from their slumber, and itâ€™s up to players to defend their kingdom from the rampaging hordes of vile creatures.
Players can enlist archers, thieves, ninjas, knights and other warrior units to battle against the rampaging hordes. Players must train, upgrade and manage their own armies before sending them into battle, or risk a crushing defeat. Increasingly powerful weapons and units become available as players progress through the game.
Armies of Dragons is available for free (with optional in-app purchasing) on the Play Store.