Get ready for a soon-to-be-launched game from Bit Craft Studios: Arrows & Sparrows.
This one is a cute, colorful slingshot shooter, filled with hungry birds intent on dive-hunting cute fish. The fish do have a few defensive tricks up their collective sleeve (like bombs and arrows), and this is what presents the challenge to the player.
Per the press release, here are some features to look forward to:
* Save the fish from hungry birds. Shoot 3 birds with as few arrows as you can!
* Turn the enemy’s attacks against them.
* Create explosive chain reactions — and blast all the birds in one shot!
* Choose from a large offering of power-ups.
* Put your skills to the test and teach those “meanie” birds a lesson!
The due date is January 25th.
The game will be free to download, with in-app purchases also being an option; check out the trailer:
We do mean “weighty” too; check out the developer produced changelog:
· Unlock the game’s “Special Chapter”: Clear Stage 3-30 on the World Map to unlock the Special Chapter, which allows players to challenge any stage regardless of the chapter order for free if previously cleared or with a ‘Special Chapter Ticket’ for uncompleted stages (Special Chapter will reset each week for multiple paythroughs);
· Command Three New Legendary Heroes: Obtain the spear-wielding, crow-master Morrighan; quick footed, Golem class hero Macha; and the magic wielding Neamhain from the Auction House;
· Dominate the Battlefield: Summon all three heroes to the battlefield for a power boost to dominate the undead enemies;
· Christmas + 200 Day Anniversary Event: Log into the game each day for exclusive rewards, such as a Five Star Rune Box, Rare Orb, and a Six Star Hero Summoning Stone (available Dec. 18 to Dec. 25).
The game remains free (with in-app purchases) on Google Play.
Hill Climb Racing 2 hasn’t been out too long, but already seems to garnering quite the appreciative following; Fingersoft’s physics racing sequel is currently one of the most popular new games on the Play Store.
Not content to rest on those laurels, the game is getting better with an update that is rolling out now.
The new build brings on a bunch of stuff: a new vehicle, the opportunity to beat Santa for prizes, Google Play cloud save functionality, new outfits, and improved server handling with bug fixes.
-New vehicle: Monster
-Xmas Cup: Beat Santa and win special goodies!
-Fixed vehicle physics issues in adventure mode
-Improved server connection handling
-Google Play Games cloud save
-New driver outfits
This one definitely possesses the home studio’s, well, brutal sense of humor. We get burger-pilfering aves and the quest of swinging revenge. It packs in different, unlockable characters, all the tapping a mobile gamer could want, in-app purchases and the zany graphics Brutal Studio is known for.
SIMPLE GAME PLAY:
Tap anywhere on the screen to swing from bird to bird.
SKY IS THE LIMIT:
Swing as high as you can and share your record with your friends!
CHOOSE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS:
You can unlock funny new characters such as The Granny, The Fisherman, The Warrior and The Caveman!
Buy special items that will help you get even higher or help you attract more
The game is available for free (with in-app purchases) on the Play Store.
Qurius, a new “connected reality” title from icejam, is an interesting game that has just come out of beta on Google Play.
The game is a 3D world-building game that taps into real-world weather to drive gameplay.
Once the weather is connected, the game becomes uniquely personalized for every single player, so if it’s snowing where the player lives; it’s snowing in the game. Throughout their journey, players collect characters and weather gems, and use them to rebuild the lost magical world of Qurius.
Furthermore, the sound, atmosphere, characters, flora, fauna and quests found in Qurius are all dynamically generated based on the player’s weather, day/night cycles and other data-drivenfactors; making every single game a uniquely, personalized experience for that particular player.
Stuart Duncan, icejam’s founder and chief is pleased with the game’s reception. “Two years ago we had the audacity to believe we could harness and integrate freely available streams of big data into gameplay. Today, that vision is a reality and we are extraordinarily pleased with the positive response from players across the globe,” he says. “But this is more than technology, this is a game full of loveable characters, beautiful landscapes and unique gameplay features that have come together in a fun way that players are enjoying, and that’s the real reason why we started this in the first place.”
Qurius is free (with in-app purchases) on Google Play. Check out the trailer:
Dubbed the “Winter Wonderland” update, this one brings the season right to the player — limited unlockable hats and event, holiday-themed zoo decorations, a free revives system, a physical shop in the zoo, and bug fixes.
Per Google Play:
Travel to the North Pole and ride on Santa’s Reindeer in a limited-time holiday themed event!
6 New limited-time Winter Holiday Themed hats to unlock!
Festive Holiday decorations for your Zoo
The Revive Raven is available for purchase granting free revives!
A physical shop is now in the zoo!
Bug Fixes and improvements
The game remains free (with in-app purchases) on Google Play; check out the update trailer below:
Nova Launcher is getting a bunch of tweaks via an update that is rolling out now.
Per the Play Store
Swipe to open drawer (a la Pixel Launcher)
New Pixel style searchbar
New search view, with tabs for Frequent, Recent and New/Updated apps
New “Timeout” screen lock method
New double-tap-swipe gestures
Android 7.1 launcher shortcuts
Dock backgrounds to draw under navbar
Quick start to easily change major settings (Nova Settings > Backup > Quick start)
Nova Launcher is free on Google Play; premium features are available for $4.99.
Monster Super League dropped on the Play Store earlier this year, and has down relatively well thus far. It’s latest update brings in some interesting new stuff while keeping up with the season.
Per the press release, this Winter Wonderland update allows players to:
· Participate in the ‘Winter Wonderland’ Event: Welcome the winter season by clearing various in-game missions, for awesome rewards;
· Uncover and beat the Winter Wonderland Missions: Clear the story mode (Hard / Extreme), using energy, clearing dungeons, ascending Astromon and clearing all missions;
· Earn rewards: Beat the missions to win rewards such as the Legendary Secret Egg, the Lightstone, gold and other items. Rewards can only be claimed once per account after clearing a mission in the inbox within seven days of clearing the mission.
Players will also be able to meet our new holiday-themed Astromon Snowee, an Astromon made from snowflakes:
· Available for a limited time: Snowee can only be captured in the story mode stages during the special event, so don’t miss out on adding this Astromon to the collection (available 12/08 – 12/22);
· Where to find Snowee: Randomly encounter Snowee in one of its three forms, Snowee, Snowena and Jill Frost, in the Normal, Hard and Extreme stages of the story mode.
Monster Super League is available for free (with in-app purchases) on Google Play.
Boomzap’s latest, Legends of Callasia, is fantasy-bound turn based thriller, and it is now migrated from iOS to the Play Store.
The game, which is a tablet-exclusive, packs in what is referred to as a simultaneous gameplay mechanic; the developer is not averse to comparisons to games like Civilization, Risk and Heroes of Might & Magic.
– Three Factions to choose from: Hundred Kingdoms, Faeborne, and Revenant
– Over 25 Heroes with different classes, traits, and bonus cards
– 30 Single-Player Campaign Levels worth almost 40 hours of gameplay
– More than 35 tabletop-style Skirmish/Multiplayer maps playable up to 8 players
– Pay once and play
The game is free to download; $14.99 gets you the full game, and there is a $7.99 expansion pack.
Now that it’s holiday season, it easily becomes invaluable; it’s current update should go a long way towards ensuring it finds a place to stay on the smartdevices of many at this time of the year.
The new update improves startup times, responsiveness, native support for more services and more (including a PRO-specific updated feature. More specifically.
More specifically (per Google Play):
New in v5.2:
– huge improvements to UI responsiveness while refreshing
– drastically improved startup time with large delivery archives
– native support for EKART Logistics (formerly Flipkart Logistics)
– fixed issues with 12 providers
– added round icon for Pixel launcher
– added Slovak translation, thanks to all translators!
– [PRO] updated Microsoft Translator API to use Azure portal credentials
The app remains free (with optional pro features in-app) on Google Play.