Nov 3, 2016
Galaga Wars, a mobile refresh of the arcade hit Galaga from yesteryear, is back — on Android.
This one definitely looks like a pleasant blast from the bast; the story arc is mostly unchanged: one ship looking to avoid extinction, taking on waves and waves of endless enemy fighters.
There are several powerups to exploit, and bosses to conquer.
It plays in landscape, and at first glance, easily envokes an arcade feel with its color patterns. The features (per Google Play excerpt):
● The authentic retro, sci-fi experience returns for Galaga’s 35th Anniversary
● Weave through endless waves of original enemies, including the Bee, Butterfly, Scorpion and a many more.
● Evade the treacherous tractor beam of Mother Galaga in battle against the huge alien boss!
● Play as Galaga fighter, as well as other legendary Namco starshipsincluding Xevious, Galaxian, Star Blade and many more.
● Double your firepower by rescuing captured friends ships and merging into twin mode
● Enhance your space-faring abilities by upgrading and levelling up your craft.
● Blast through alien waves with 4 unique abilities per ship including laser, explosive shot, space mines, ghost shield and more.
Galaga Wars is presented by Bandai Namco; it is free with micro-transactions. Check out the launch trailer: