Jan 21, 2011
We all love a good update and while most of the time we get much needed improvements and added content, there are also those rare times when updates bring us crashes and headaches. Hopefully you will experience the former when checking out some of the recent updates released for a few of Android’s popular games.
Fruit Ninja by HalfBrick
Fruit Ninja was just recently updated to bring us that long awaited “Arcade Mode” we told you about back in November plus some other features. Arcade Mode should now take the place of that mysterious “Coming Soon” black banana you’ve come to ignore. To read all about Arcade Mode for Fruit Ninja just hop on over to our November post [HERE].
Along with Arcade Mode, this update adds some new “Feint” features, multi-touch support and heaps of fixed bugs. Depending on your update preferences you may or may not have it installed. Check under “My apps” in the Android Market and you should see it.
Download: Fruit Ninja
Dungeon Defenders by Trendy Entertainment
Dungeon Defenders: First Wave, the first game for Android to be developed using the Unreal Engine was highly anticipated in the Android community and when it finally launched it was not without its quirks. Developers Trendy Entertainment have since been hard at work ironing out bugs. Their latest release (about 6 days ago) contained some additional fixes along with some cool new content. In this update you will find:
- A Chase Camera
- New Mission/Challenge! (Oakvale Crossing)
- New holiday surprise
- Session Browser now indicates whether each match is in Build or Combat phase
- Searching by Gamespy username no longer requires the game to have a password
- Fixed cross-platform leaderboards
- Fix for exceeding maximum clip size in weapon upgrade
- Eliminated low cap on Speed stat and changed how the results of this stat are calculated
- Fixed some leveling & item farming exploits
If you haven’t already updated then head over to the Android Market and enjoy! For more information about Dungeon Defenders: First Wave check out our post [HERE]
Download: Dungeon Defenders: First Wave
Rocket Bunnies by Defiant Development
Rocket Bunnies is a game we have not yet covered at Android Rundown but is extremely popular and has seen over 300,000 downloads since its release last month. Rocket Bunnies is an action-puzzle game in which you must slingshot from planet to planet while avoiding numerous obstacles. In honor of the Chinese Year of the Rabbit, Defiant Development has released a massive update doubling the number of levels with the inclusion of new enemies and obstacles, along with the addition of collectible hats such as the sombrero and top hat (apparently this was the most requested feature). Other recent changes include:
- Reduction of size on SD-Card was fixed as a priority.
- No crash on screen lock.
- Addition of a little bit of narrative set-up â€“ check out the revised 1st level in the Carrot Galaxy
- Lots of subtle improvements to the shell and navigation in order to make the interface clearer.
- Removed the need to check phone status. Now runs with less permissions and less intrusiveness.
- Turn off sound and music from the pause menu.
For more about Rocket Bunnies follow the links below.
About Rocket Bunnies
Download: Rocket Bunnies